Sunday 13 July 2014

50,000 Thank Yous


If you’re reading this on the day it was posted you’ll notice something significant about the number of page views. I’ve now passed the 50,000 mark! This is a big deal for me as I never thought I’d even get past the 500 mark, and never thought I’d come up with enough ideas to get me beyond the first year. Thanks to you all I’ve been encouraged to continue for almost 3 years to bring you the lgbt heritage which interests me, and which I hope has interested you too. 

With such a milestone I’ve been thinking of some changes. Perhaps a new image? I’ve also been thinking about how to do more. One idea which I’m still working on is introducing my own YouTube videos. Another is a Facebook page where I can write about current research projects, links to other pages of interest, or just comment on news events. 

A third idea, and one which readers may not like, is of adding a donation button. I still can’t make my mind up about this as I feel uncomfortable asking people for money, even voluntary donations. 

I’ve had a lot of positive feedback from readers. In particular I want to thank Marc Naimark of the Federation of Gay Games for reposting some of my articles on the Gay Games website. A big thank you to him and Cyd Zeigler of Outsports for their continuing interest and support in my research into lgbt athletes. I also want to thank all those people I’ve mentioned in articles who have sent me messages, corrections, criticisms and advice. Some members of my family and friends also read my blog, so I thank you all collectively (it might be a while before I see you all personally). And I want to thank all of you who have spread the word about my blog. 

Throughout the whole of my blog I have often been surprised by where you readers live, especially during this past winter with all the controversy surrounding the Sochi Winter Olympics. Russia has often been in the top 5 daily visitors list, and overall is placed 4th behind the USA, UK and Germany. Interestingly, in view of Russia’s involvement in Ukraine, the Ukraine is also a nation to appear regularly on the daily stats list. 

Anyway, it’s a reason for me to celebrate today (I’m sure I’ve got a bottle of champagne in the fridge). I hope you won’t mind if I don’t invite you all around to my place for a party. 

Before I go I must offer my congratulations to Cyd Zeigler who got married to his partner Dan last week.

Finally, to all my readers I want to say -

50,000 thank yous to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment