Sunday 16 October 2016

Time Out


After some thought I have decided to give myself a little rest. I’ve been spending several hours a day researching and writing since the day I first began this blog back in August 2011 and can’t believe how much I have written in five years – over 700 articles.

Recently I’ve had affairs in my “proper job” which need dealing with and I must concentrate on them for a while. I don’t want to be away for too long, but I intend to take off the rest of October and all of November. That means several articles I have promised to write will appear at a later date.

During December I’ll get right back to it again, finishing some of the articles that I’ve begun and researching and writing new ones, and I hope to return by Christmas 2016.

That doesn’t mean that I'm going to stop working on my blog completely. I’ve thought of tidying up some of the articles and going through them to revise, amend or correct them. When I’ve finished revising an article I’ll add a note to say so and, hopefully, keep you updated on the revisions.

If there happens to be anything in the news or media which could relate to one of my articles I'll write a little piece and link you to them.

There are also several other ideas I’ve been toying with, including collecting related articles together in book format. These will give me the opportunity to expand the original articles and introduce new illustrations.

I hope you don’t mind if I take some time off, and I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you, particularly my most dedicated followers, for your interest and support. Perhaps you all need a rest from me as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment