Wednesday 3 January 2024

What's in Store for '24

Happy New Year.

This year is going to be busy for me. This is an Olympic year, with the summer games being held in Paris this coming July and August. There’s also the Olympic Youth Winter Games later this month. 

My Olympic research has increased in the past months as I have been tracking over 200 lgbt athletes as they compete in Olympic qualifying and ranking events, of which there are over a dozen each week. The all-time lgbt Olympian list currently stands at 710. I doubt if it’ll get up to 750 before the games begin in July, but you never know.

On top of all that, I still have a “proper” job to go to five days a week. What this means is that I have less time to research other subjects. But I don’t want to neglect covering the diversity of topics that I have for the past 12 years. They will be less frequent this year. 

I have produced a schedule of what I am planning to post in 2024. The list below is purely provisional. If any significant event or subject crops up I may have to reschedule some articles. There may be additional posts that are just links to YouTube videos or other articles, whatever I think you might be interested in.

Here is my provisional calendar for the first half of 2024. 

January 15 – The World’s Most Homophobic Number? 

February 1 – LGBT History Month UK - 24 Fax for ‘24. 

March 1 – City Pride (an Asian city). 

March 27 – Spy Wednesday: Covering Bond. 

April 26 – An early French Olympian. 

May 17 – Game of Gay Thrones 9. 

June 10 – Heraldic Alphabet 2024. 

July 1 – (Not Quite) 80 Gays Around the World: Part 6. 

July 24 – Eve of the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment