Here are the answers to the quiz I posted yesterday.
1) Mr Spock (character) and George Takei (actor).
2) b) From a chill he caught after stuffing a dead chicken with snow.
3) c) bicycle.
5) True – it was part of his study into morphogenesis, the theory of growth and form in biology.
6) The sea around
7) Patient Zero.
8) Lord Byron.
8) a) Hyacinth
11) The “gay gene”.
12) a) 18th – he was born in 1731.
13) b) the Shroud of
. It was first coined by Austro-Hungarian writer Károly Mária Kertbeny in a letter dated 6 May 1868 to the sexologist Karl Heinrich Ulrichs. Germany
15) ♂ - Mars ♀ - Venus
16) A-e) Freddie Mercury - Cirolana mercuryi
B-c) Leonardo da Vinci - Davincia
C-a) Bram Stoker (author of “Dracula”) - Draculoides
D-d) Sheldon Cooper - Euglossa bazinga (his catchphrase)
E-b) Sappho - Heliconius sapho
17) Red, yellow, green, blue and violet.
18) c) smallpox.
Roman Empire, from 218 to 222.
20) False. Leonardo never learnt Latin. He wrote in Italian.